20080830

well well. Long time, no write. Haha, no that doesn't work.

Don't you get exhausted with the unremittent demand imposed by school authoritarians (i.e. teachers) to think intelligently? I swear, their indirect yet undying influence has permeated every aspect of personal life. Every time I find myself incapable of interpretting a situation or sentence, or am unable to decrypt a certain section of a random poem or whatever, my breath kind of catches halfway down my chest. It's ridiculous. The pressure to live up to the impossible idyllic student compresses me in a tiny cube. But then i shouldn't do that, i shouldn't blame them. Haha, how i scapegoat them! They are the culprits to all of the average teens predicaments, that's right. *kate laughs dryly*

And so, half of me loves learning and the other half despises it. We have an odd relationship. I wonder if learning loves me? I very much doubt it, as the information i try to embrace continuously detangles itself from my grasp and slinks away into a nebulous corner.

I'm reading a rather engaging book at the moment, called '1948'. Or is it 1942? let me check. Nope, its neither, HAHA. Let me start again.
Currently I am engaged in reading a rather fascinating novel by George Orwell, titled 1984. This science fiction work is where the concept of 'Big Bother' was founded. I've spent about ten minutes trying to explain what it's about, but it's so complicated and the ideas are so ornate and brilliantly conceived that i have neither the talent nor the patience to convey them. Brief overview: Basically, it's set in a world where the common populace is constantly watched. The slightest sign of unorthodoxy means that you are exterminated, removed, the evidence for your very existence destroyed. In fact, the past becomes obsolete, because the government is continuously changing it; a whole department devoted to adjusting newspapers and other media so frequently that an entire civilizations history disintegrates.
blah blah. i suck at writing.

We've finally moved past reproduction in biology, and we're on to growth and development. Past terminologies which just brand themselves to the front of your mind all day like 'gonads' and 'copulation' and 'hermaphrodite snails lie side by side, joined by a layer of mucous and exchange sperm to achieve cross fertilisation'. The imagery i could do without. haha, it's funny though, its so good how our biol teacher makes us crack up. How horrible would it be if you had a really serious teacher in something like that! God awful.

blimey, it's dark outside! how the hell did that happen? last time i looked, it was four. Now it's six thirty. dang.

ohhhhhhh. To indulge in a movie! To submit myself to its comforting cocoon of flashing images and stimulating sounds! If only, my dear.
quite comlaining kate. God, there's more to life...

To fly....."if only, if only, the woodpecker sighed."

oh, sammie :( I'm sorry, i didn't help a bit.

No comments: