20081129

It's Amy's Party! Like...right now.
I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, 'what is kate doing cramped up in her little study while the moths outside flitter and flutter and flirt. Why, that kate is the life and soul of the party! It's not Jesus that's Lord of the Dance, it's Kate!'
*snort* Or not. No, i trust you will be able to understand without my saying why exactly i dressed up in the "Time Travel" theme (hippy- long socks and white ribbon round the head. The effort i put into some things, you know, it's phenomenal) and yet i won't bare my face to the 18 year olds outside.
The evening flows out a flurry of sounds; the screech of some poor soul who's mother was probably a banshee; the deep guffaw of a guy who's been hit on the head one too many times...
Nah, i'm just exaggerating. They sound like they're having fun, and i'm so happy for amy for that. I hope she'll have a blast tonight. Her big 18th. blimey.
Well, i'll be sure to update you in the event that
a) someone gets rip roaring drunk and mistakes the little elm for a hot latino girl
b) 108 people gatecrash and we get to go on Channel 9's 60 minutes to complain about the plague of teenage hooligans
c) we find suspicious white powder on the bathroom sink tomorrow morning

Two hours later...

No, nothings happened. I'm just lonely. It's strange...i only get lonely when other people are around. I feel so full of curiousity at the moment. The atmosphere is tingling. I wish i could just look on at the whole scene, and yet no one would be able to see me. Use my invisibility cloak. Maybe that sounds a little creepy...but still, i find humans the most fascinating creatures to observe...their methods of travel and intraspecific communication...their intriguing courtship practices...haha.
I feel a little guilty though; the neighbours must be shaking their fists at us through their stained glass windows. The musics pumping so loud, i can feel it reverberating through my chair. Gosh, Kate! Quite worrying about your neighbourhood reputation. Why should it matter? You never even communicated once with your old neighbours! Hell, i reckon you're going to get a pretty good reputation as a stoic unsociable all by your lonesome. So. Let them eat cake.

I'm all dried up for talk. *heaves a sigh* Guess it's back to crosswords.
What a sad, sad person i am.

No comments: