20080428

can it be possible? can my hopes be so fulfilled?

LIFE IS SO GODDAMM GOOD.

Last night, i was terribly annoyed at everything because there was school the next day. I'm serious. I clenched my jaw when mum clattered the plates while washing up, i felt like punching the director of 'Robin Hood' when Maid Marion died, and i sat huddled and moody before the tv screen for almost the whole night. AND this grumpiness certainly did not abate when mum cajoled gleefully "school! tests! exams!" giggling to herself. grrrrrrr. who does that?
And when i went to bed, i GOT SOOOO ANNOYED. I had to put my doova in a new sheet cover, and it. just. wouldn't. go. in. and i was clenching my jaw so hard my back teeth moved into the gums by 2 milimetres, and i was punching it and flapping it about angrily. HAHAHAHHA

This morning i was more subdued to my fate. I got up at my alarm at 6:30, trailed into the kitchen, fed the cats and the dog, pulled out "sense and sensibility" and engaged myself in Mr. Willoughby and Marianne while crunching on cornflakes. At 7:15 i went to my room, gloomily swung open the cupboard and pulled out the dreaded green blouse and skirt. Dressed, i wandered out to the front room, where my mum was pondering over a crossword.
"kate" she said, and i turned around.
"what?"
"School doesn't start til tomorrow."
"You're joking"
"I'm not"
"You're pulling my leg"
"No, really. It doesn't start til tomorrow."
Still i didn't believe her, feeling it too dangerous to hope, and feeling annoyed that she should try and deceive me on so sensitive a subject.
"I don't believe you" said I
"I'm serious! I said to dad this morning 'i'll wait until she's dressed and surprise her'"
...
YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!
exctasy (if you didn't discern from the previous line) prevailed.

ok, kate!!!! don't waste it!!!!! For once you have the advantage of regretting how much you haven't appreciated the time you've been given to find out YOU HAVE ONE LAST CHANCE.

:)

QUOTES OF THE DAY: Black Books

Bernard: [describing his friends Gerald and Sarah] And she's an interior designer, she's on that show "Pet Surprise".
Manny: Haven't heard of it.
Bernard: You know, you know. They take the dog out for a walk, he thinks it's a normal walk and when he gets back the kennels got a patio and french doors!
Manny: Ah yeah...
Bernard: And he's like, "Oh my god!"

Fran: Do you know that in Tibet when they want something they give something away? Bernard: Do they? That must be why they're such a dominant global power.

Bernard: What other grown man cuts soldiers for his runny egg and then divides them into rank?
Manny: Just a bit of fun.
Bernard: You won't mind if I eat this one?
Manny : Don't touch the colonel... It'll upset the rest of the men.

No comments: