20080709

...and she waits for a podcast to download...

ok i'm bored.
hey, i just found this cool little mnemonic (god, it took me ages just to find that damn word). Tis LIMP PAPER, and gives the reasons for Hitler's rise to power

Long-term bitterness (many people thought Germany had been winning the war. They called the government 'november criminals' for agreeing to the humiliating and crippling Treaty of Versailles)
Ineffective Constitution (overly democratic. Nothing much could be done. Plus, article 48 gave too much power to the Chancellor- he could forgo fundamental rights in 'extreme' situations.
Money (a few important moguls supported Hitler and funded his efforts)
Propaganda (heavy propaganda organised by a guy called Goebbels)


Programme (Hitler's scapegoating techniques assured that his programme could satisfy the majority)
Attacks by the Friekorps, SA and SS (aka, bands of thugs)
Personality (Hiter's had the personality to influence a lot of people. Well, the one he showed at rallies, anyway.)
Economic Depression (the economy had mainly relied on American loans. so when wall street crashed...)
Recruitment by Hindenburg (ie Hitler was made Chancellor)

GAH! i'm so sick of waiting for this Hamish and Andy podcast to download on itunes. I can't even pause the damn thing and wait for tomorrow, cause then it just goes back down to 0 kb.
grr. 24 more minutes. Do you know how slow my computer is? It's taken AT LEAST AN HOUR to download 11MB's.
omg. i just thought to myself, 'is there such a word as 'fidgetates?'

how much time must i spend looking into a screen. a flat glowing screen. Moving my fingers in wild, erratic movements. Expressionless. If animals were a touch more intelligent, they'd think we were the strangest creatures.

Did i hear right? I'm listening to a Harry Potter soundtrack (haha) and i swear one of them just said
'have a very fuckin christmas'
*turns up the dial and listens again*
Seriously! i think she just swore!

15 minutes.
yes. i'm rambling just to pass the time.

OMG, did you know that Henry Ford's company funded the Nazi party in its emergence years? unbelievable...

"[Hitler's policies] were half-baked, racist clap-trap... but among the jumble of hysterical ideas Hitler showed a sure sense of how to appeal to the lowest instincts of frightened masses."
It's so hard to know which sources to truly believe in history. We are all afflicted by bias of some form...i mean, every assertion is one part opinion. Even the statistics are biased! you wouldn't think so, eh? i mean, how can you be one-sided with cold mechanical numbers? well, you can be partilaly selective with the data. Eg. Say you showed the crime rate in America in 1923 was 300 murders a year in Texas. And you're like woah! Man! and you jump to the conclusion that the crime rate soared in that year. However, what if for the last decade it's been about the same? Suddenly the situation changes. You conclude that Texas is just a natural breeder of sinners.
*note: the former was a mere hypothesis. no offence to any texans. your heavy accent just made your state jump into my mind first.*

EIGHT MINUTES!! come one come onnnnnn. I have that feeling when you want to pee...except i don't. My dear kate, i do believe that's called impatience. HAHAHA

OHHH! THIS IS SO SWEET! read

"...and I couldn't stop smiling. All because someone wonderful had just made me very happy. The photographer would tell me to move to a certain position and I'd turn that way. I was actually feeling pretty comfortable. I'd move to the position he wanted and I'd look deep or intense or one of those things I try to do to avoid looking like an idiot...and then a smirk would steal across my mouth...and then a smile...then a grin...and finally I'd start fucking giggling like a complete fool.

And then he'd tell me a new position and it would start all over again. Over and over and over.

I told her later that I thought she'd ruined me for photoshoots forever and that I'd probably never be a believable serious mopey guy again."

I can't help feeling sometimes that Duritz is just a touch self-absorbed. He assesses his unhappiness too much...and by focussing on it, he feeds it. so easy to say though...

TWO MINUTES!!!!!!!!

(i'm desperate now) I'm going into Floreat tomorrow. I really want to get out this book that Jemps told me about ages ago, called 'the long way gone'. i've been searching for it, cause it sounded really good- a true story about a child soldier. Also need to get out something for my art assessment. BOO. do you know how much bloody art homework i have these holidays??? unbelievable. and i en't begun any of it.

IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm gone.

No comments: