20080511

Idols, glue-selling, and 'no such thing'

It's so nice to have people you can look up to, isn't it? People you don't even know. From Counting Crows famous hit "Mr Jones"...

"believe in me
cause i don't believe in anything
and i want to be someone to believe
to believe in"

yes, it's nice to have our idols of society. We feel so proud of them, even when we've only seen their pictures in the news, or their names in a magazine. Is that wrong? Who do you look up to? I shouldn't place my trust too heavily in just a name, cause it is almost inevitable that i will be disappointed somehow. You're probably wondering who i'm refereing to. There are a couple of eminent people who i hold a high regard for. Am i small for admiring them? I admire most people, in one way or another, i suppose. We were all children, once. We all hurt sometimes. You've got to respect everyone for simply living.

well, i shall divulge the names after that tangent. Paul McDermott - he's a really good comedian. Sharp, quick-witted, who constantly shares a personal joke with he camera. But what i like about him- he doesn't go too far. There are so many comedians these days who will fling themselves into the cesspit of crude references to gain a few cheap laughs. It kind of makes you flinch. McDermott...he doesn't do that. When he used to be The Sideshow's host, i developed quite an esteem for him. Once, he did his own act. It was amazing. His voice...i was captivated.

When you walk past a stranger, and you meet their eyes, do you ever think wonderingly 'wow. you're amazing' for absolutley no reason at all? All these people. All these lives. All these lives. Forgive me...Perhaps i'm just realising there are other people than me in this world.

My english has become so bad recently. see? i can't even construct a more exciting sentence than that. Let me try again.
My ability to write intelligently has recently retrograded into what may be compared to the jargon of a neanderthal.
phew, that was hard work. These words need exercising. My vocabulary is becoming very unfit.

ok. stop right there kate. you're becoming too depressed. and then you can't study. and then you won't know anything for exams. and then you'll fail. and then you'll get even more depressed when you realise that you were right all along, you ARE an idiot, and you won't be able to pretend anymore. and then you'll fail the next exams, then the next, then the next, then the next, and will wind up going from door to door trying to sell glue, and then you'll get so depressed you'll end up sniffing your own product, which will result in the death of millions of brain cells, so you won't even be able to hold a spoon by the time you're thirty.

and that really succeeded in cheering me up, you great dolt.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: (No Such Thing-- John Mayer)

"Welcome to the real world", she said to me
Condescendingly
Take a seat
Take your life
Plot it out in black and white
Well I never lived the dreams of the prom kings
And the drama queens
I'd like to think the best of me
Is still hiding
Up my sleeve

They love to tell you
Stay inside the lines
But something's better
On the other side
I wanna run through the halls of my high school
I wanna scream at the
Top of my lungs
I just found out there's no such thing as the real world
just to lie you've got to rise above

1 comment:

sam toh said...

such depth.
anywho- what ever happened to your facebook?
good luck for your exams!!

taaaaaa