20080504

Muppets and Cowboys

ahhhhhhh. that's be'er.

thank you, thank you THANK YOU sweet sister for downloading muppet treasure island theme songs. They make me :)

i love this one called 'proffessional pirate' - Long John Silver (Tim Curry) is trying to persuade Jim to join his pirating band.

"Long John: When I was just a lad looking for my true vocation

My father said "Now son, this choice deserves deliberation

Though you could be a doctor or perhaps a financier

My boy why not consider a more challenging career"

Pirates: Hey ho ho

You'll cruise to foreign shores

And you'll keep your mind and body sound

By working out of doors

Long John: True friendship and adventure are what we can't live without

All: And when you're a professional pirate

Bad Polly: That's what the job's about



Long John: "Upstage, lads, this is my ONLY number!"

Now take Sir Francis Drake, the Spanish all despise him

But to the British he's a hero and they idolize him

It's how you look at buccaneers that makes them bad or good

And I see us as members of a noble brotherhood



Pirates: Hey ho ho

We're honorable men

And before we lose our tempers we will always count to ten

Long John: On occasion there may be someone you have to execute

All: But when your a professional pirate

Morgan: You don't have to wear a suit..... what?

Mad Monty: I could have been a surgeon I like taking things apart

Bad Polly: I could have been a lawyer

But I just had too much heart

Morgan: I could have been in politics

Cause I've always been a big spender

Pirate: And me...I could have been a contender



Long John: Some say that pirates steal and should be feared and hated

I say we're victims of bad press it's all exaggerated

We'd never stab you in the back, we'd never lie or cheat

We're just about the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet



(Tell the truth, lad. Do you really think that Captainand the Squire are planning to share the treasure with thelikes of us? And we being the rightful owners, who shed ourblood getting it here. Join us, lad! Donate your compass tothe treasure hunt, and get a full share!)

All: Hey ho ho It's one for all for one

And we'll share and share alike with you and love you like a son

We're gentlemen of fotune and that's what we're proud to be

And when your a professional pirate

Long John: You'll be honest brave and free!

The soul of decency!

You'll be loyal and fair and on the square

And most importantly
All: When you're a professional pirate
You're always in the best of company!!!!!!!



You didn't read that did you? sigh. i suppose one wouldn't really appreciate so much if they hadn't the memories to go with it. And it is rather long.



I have this english oral on a poem in a couple of days. I don't know whether i have the guts to say it though...aha..it's a bit passionate in some places. I keep regretting choosing it, and then i really like it...i don't know, i don't know. It's called "letter home from the trenches." a war poem. Gosh...i mean, it's not like i can relate to it. How selfish of me to pretend. How ignorant.

hate orals. Hate essays even more. And boy, do they keep flooding in.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: (Counting Crows - Cowboys...intense man)


This is a list of what I should have been

But I'm not

This is a list of the things that I should have seen

But I'm not seeing you look at me

So please, won't you look at me?'

Cause I'm not seeing you look at me

Oh, oh, I, I will make you look at me

Or I am not anything

Oh, anything

No no no no

No no no no

No, no.

No comments: