20080520

Math Nightmare, bio, email and

I had a horrible nightmare Sunday night.
I was milling about the house, doing nothing in particular, when i noticed the clock on the wall had stopped. Panic gripped me; i reached for my watch- I WAS ALREADY TEN MINUTES LATE FOR THE MATHS EXAM!!! I yelled out, I'VE GOT TO GO, etc, etc, and everybody was excruciatingly slow at moving to the car. Then, halfway there, i realised i had forgotten my graphics.
In this state of sheer terror, i woke.
not the best way to start the morning of a maths exam.

Well, tomorrow's bio. omg, my sister got 90% in her yr 11 one! Unbelievable. you can't beat that.

I'm not sure if yr 11's are able to go into the library to study. I had hoped to do so today, and i had also hoped to see my history teacher there, to ask a couple of questions. In fact, i e-mailed her yesterday (don't worry, she gave out her address). For some reason, the e-mail couldn't be sent, and THANK GOD IT COULDN'T. When i wrote it, i fully believed i was in a state of sensibility. take a look. be prepared to wince at every knowing such a person as Kate Prendergast. remember- this is to a TEACHER.

hey mrs porter
sorry to bother you, but is it ok if i could drop in some practice history essays tomorrow for you to read? i'm still not sure if i'm fully answering the question...very bad at doing that...which is unfortunate because (as you teachers all keep telling us) if you don't answer the question, nothing you say, whether it be brilliant or utter codswallop, can get you marks.
anyhoo
if i drop them in tomorrow morning on the 2nd floor of Sumner, can you give me an idea of when i can get some feedback? sorry...i sound rather demanding. Blame exams. they are the ultimate advocate for egocentricity.
thanks :)
kate prendergast

Yes, i'm unbelievable. I think i was slightly crazed after the maths exam- it was written directly after.

RIGHT. Study. hmm. Let's do some art definition words, shall we?

  • assemblage...combination or construction of various three dimensial objects to create an artwork
  • atmospheric perspective...creates the illusion of distance using the diminihg intensity of colours. (shift to cooler colours, blurring of edges)
  • aesthetic...the pleasuable and beautiful as distinct from the useful and scientific.
  • closed form...a form, especially in painting, whose contour is not broken or blurred
  • contour...the visible border of an object in space that creates the illusion of mass and volume in space
  • rectilinear...straight lines are stressed in rectilinear compositions (geometric)
  • figurative...paintings etc whose subject matter is derived from human or animal forms. represents clearly recognisable depictions of nautre, human beings and the world as compared to abstarct/symbolic compositions
  • focal point...the point of interest or point to which the eye is direted or focused in an artwork
MEMORISE THESE WORDS KATE. TRY TO SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE A CLUE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
cause...um...we're supposed to write an essay on art analysis AND I HAVEN'T THE FOGGIEST HOW.

me:
This painting....is blue. The blueness of this painting gives it a blue-like quality that is attached to so many other...blue...paintings. Blue.

i have just realised how strange the world blue looks. Don't you think?

I keep thinking of Castaway. I love that film so much. It's so sad. I refuse to believe sis when she said it was only made as a marketing ploy for Fedex- you know, those boxes he found on the beach.
"i know you, i know you! So. We're ok? ok."
"i'm sorry, Wilson, I'm sorry". Wilson floats into the distance.
and
"i love you. You're the love of my life"...but she's married.

I don't like the ending though. You know, with that lady, and him standing at the crossroads? i don't get it.

I've been thinking, and i reckon Chuck Noland's relationship with Wilson is remarkably similar to my relationship with God. make what you will of that.

QUOTES OF THE DAY:

"The doc told me I had a dual personality. Then he lays an 82 dollar bill on me, so I give him 41 bucks and say, 'Get the other 41 bucks from the other guy.'"
— Jerry Lewis


"You must stop this interview now as I have come to end of my personality."
— Quentin Crisp

No comments: