20071205

n'stuff

speech night last night. Talk about boring. i sat next to Tamara for the entire night, you know, just us two, because the people directly next to us were in orchestra. She had this habit of leaning in uncomfortably close. I did not want to appear rude by flinching away, so i just sat there stiffly, while inconspicuously leaning an inch per minute to my right. Ahem, personal space, doncha know?
Mr Lee's speech was one of the most boring talks i have ever heard. Please, my mind screamed out in desperation, please God, Vishnu, Allah, i don't give a damn which one of you! use your mighty powers to open the ceiling and smite him, smite him i say! for the love of mankind!
the sole fragment of interest that existed, like a piece of gold in a pile of turd, was when the representative from the church gave his speech.
There is something just so indescribably hilarious in the word 'plumbline'.
i could not help myself. I tried, with all my power to restrain that snort of laughter from escaping when the word floated out of his mouth. But i could not. My body shook with suppressed chuckles. I reckon Tamara thought i was having a severe attack of epilepsy. She probably assumed the paryoxsym had killed me, because after that, it appeared as though i was following through with rigor mortis. *yawn*

damn you lucky people. (!)

oi, phili! i praise your judgement! i am loving this book that you recommended, "its not all about you, calma!". All it's witticisms! fuuuny.

QUOTE(s) OF THE DAY: (it's not all about you, calma...heh heh! hilarious.)

"You might remember that twnty years ago, when you were young inexperienced and suffering from the bad taste that characterised the early eighties, you fell under the noxious spell of a seria loser called Robert. Intead of spurning him, as one would a rabid dog, you lost the plot to such an extent that you muttered 'i do' in front of appalled witnesses at a regsitry office."

"her eyes slowly came into focus and she turned her head towards me. There wer things in teh morgue with quicker reaction times. The chewing continued, a cow-like rumination."

"we were like the trajectories of celestial bodies- once in a long while our paths coincided and the collision was often spectacular."

"I hobbled to my feet, suppressing the temptation to scream a four letter word beginning with 'f' and ending with 'uck' at the top of my voice."

No comments: