20071226

To the New Year...and beyond!

"Hey Everybody!"
"Hey Doctor Nick!"
I sincerely hope that your christmas was filled with and baubles and tinsel and presents and Uncle Sid swigging a pint of egg nogg while lecherously rubbing his leg up against Aunt Marie.
You know, i used to get so excited about Christmas. I would barely be able to sleep on the eve, imaging all the morrow would bring. As soon as I opened my eyes from the nights slumber, I would leap out of bed, bound about the house, a smile stretched impossibly across my face, a bundle of unrestrainable energy. But now...
Kate wakes up. She blinks sleepily. oh, she thinks. It's christmas. That's nice.
But, now, i just don't really care. I'm like some form of apathetic Scrooge.
I think my loss of enthusiasm can be attributed to my lowering of expectations. I mean, it's better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, isn't it? It's better to feel nothing than be hurt. But it does have its drawbacks, i admit.
I did ZILCH yesterday. No. I'm serious. Just lazed around, read, tried to memorise all the countries in South America
[wait, wait...argentia, bolivia, brazil, chile, columbia, equador, guyana, peru, paraguy, surninam, urugay...and, um, um...venezuala. yay!]
and basically executing an impressive simulation of a slug.

i did watch this AWESOME film, however. Twas a Japanese animation on SBS called "howl's moving castle.' The name sounds vaguely familiar, and I have a feeling you guys may know of it...? Ah, well. It was a poignant and revelling journey of mystique and surrealism which i did not want to end.

In Tasmania, there was so much roadkill, it was unbelievable. Drive 2m...'oh look! isn't that pleasant! Another animal's guts splayed across the gravel!' It goes without saying that mum tried not to drive over the furry morass, but occasionally it could not be avoided, and i would wince with each 'bumpity-bump.'
At first, at the sight of the sprawled remains, i would experience the sensation to heave up whatever was in my stomach by the side of the road...but after a few days, i became curiously desensitised. I even found myself subconsciously making a game out of it- you know; 'guess what the mangled mess on the road used to be.'

Did you know there is a liquor store over there called 9/11 bottle shop?? I mean, it's not as though it was named after the disaster, (opens from 9am-11pm)...but, how awkward. I would have definitely changed the name, at least. It could be interpreted as offensive.

well. I am hot. I am wearing my dressing gown, and it is about 40 degrees so i feel the need to change. Fast. Or i shall melt like the wicked witch of the west.
"i'm melting. MELTING!!!" *melts into a gooey puddle of noxious-smelling ooze*


Oh my god, what is wrong with me?? i have forgotten 'quotes of the day' for almost 4 entries *kate slaps herself with a rubber thong.* well, here it is:

QUOTES OF THE DAY: (quotes from quotes from some guys blog)

"some people are like slinkies: pretty much useless, but they still make you smile when you shove them down the stairs."

"raisins used to be fat and juicy and now they're twisted. they had their lives stolen. they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes. i can't say I am a big supporter of the raisin council."

"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you can hear is some idiot shouting nonsense down a hole." <<>

No comments: