20071126

bloggie oh bloggie, where for art thou bloggie?

The blue car pulled up beside Kate, and she flopped in. silence ensued for a few moments.
"well? How'd it go?"
"um...not good."
"Kate! Don't be riduculous! Of course you did fine."
"why did you ask the question when you only expected one answer?"
"don't be so negative. "not good"" kate's mum repeated her words as though the very thought was preposterous.

"i'm not being negative. I am telling it like it is," kate replied.
The hum of the cars whizzing past on the highway.
"Turn the radio up please."
Kate's mum did so.

Hmm. I am feeling *slightly* bad. You see, yesterday, I told my sister to "fuck off. please."
Not without reason though. She's been at me all weekend, telling me how I don't need to study, and year ten exams don't mean a thing. Sure, maybe not to her anymore, and definitely not to me in the future, but right now, they rank pretty high up in the most important events in my life right now. The last thing i need is someone trying to stop me from doing the best i bloody well can; especially in such a direct form. God, i need support, not someone telling me it's all for nothing.
So last night, I snapped.
"Kate, you're being stupid," she said with this tone that exemplified the precise degree of idiocy she surmised i possessed.
"Amy! Just...fuck off. Please" [ NOTE: when i said this, i did not shout. I did not raise my voice. I merely said it with a touch of annoyance and exasperation in my voice. I do not like shouting.]
"YOU FUCK OFF!" she said loudly, clearly affronted. And i did.

When my parents got home, she immediately told them. And then she got really pissed when i didn't get 'punished', saying she always gets blamed and i get away with everything. My parents said i needed some space. But that wasn't the reason why i said what i did. We haven't spoken since...i hope it doesn't relapse into what it was before- cause that was... horrible. Like, seriously. You would not believe the level of animosity. You wouldn't recognise the hate emanating from me; nor my sister.

But enough of that. I have said too much already. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm slagging off Amy- cause i'm not. she's a nice person. Just i wish she was a little more empathetic.

I hope tomorrow goes OK. I'd better go and do something so it will go OK.
sigh.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: (Augie March- just passing through)

"At ten o'clock is when I rise from my grave,
and cast my eyes over the ideas that I couldn't save,
become regret and break upon me now wave after wave,
bid me remember what I done.

When time doesn't tear you pay a fee to make it rip, the ditch witch,
the back hoe, the bobcat, the tip, soil from the hillock spilling over on that solemn lip,
it covers up the cedar mirror,
do you ever see your weakness any clearer?

We were winding up the road to the site with the windows down and the cigarettes alight,
singing some rubbish about "my soul's alright",
I didn't know what I could do...
It's just you and I and some other guy forever passing through? "

No comments: