20071107

quotes from muppets.

hah! i was just indulging in a little nostolgia by reviewing quotes from my all time favourite movie when I was a kiddywinkle: Muppet Treasure Island. I haven't seen it in YONKS...so I'm really scared that if I ever see it again...it will have lost it's magic. How sad.
Anyhoo- here are some of my faves:

Billy Bones: Beware lads! Beware.
Jim Hawkins: What, the one-legged man?
Billy Bones: Aye. But also, beware runnin' with scissors or any other pointy object. It's all good fun, until somebody loses an - Ahhhh! (at this point, billy bones keels over, dead. Pretty full on for a kids movie, ay?)

Captain Abraham Smollett (aka Kermitty Frog) : [shouting flabergasted] Who hired this crew? This is undoubtedly the seediest bunch of cutthroats, villains and scoundrels I have ever seen, so who hired them? [Everyone points at Young Squire Trelawney, who in turn points at his finger]
Captain Abraham Smollett: Your finger hired the crew?
Squire Trelawney: No, that's silly. The man who *lives* in my finger hired the crew: Mr. Bimbo. [Holds finger to ear]
Squire Trelawney: What? Ah, yeah, he relied heavily on the advice of an excellent cook, Long John Silver.
Captain Abraham Smollett: A cook? And a guy who lives in a bear's finger? Squire Trelawney: Exactly!

Billy Bones: How does she bloody do that? (ooh. profanity too!)

Jim Hawkins: Might as well start. I'll wash.
Rizzo: I'll dry.
Gonzo: I'll break.

Long John Silver: Aw, hell, Jim. I could never harm you. You're honest and brave and true. You didn't learn that from me.
Jim Hawkins: I learned it from my friends, Mr. Silver. Now, take your oars and row away. I never want to see you again. Ever. (my heart broke at this point. Even though he's a meanie pirate, he's a cool meanie pirate. Poor Long John.)

THERE WILL BE NO QUOTE OF THE DAY TODAY....BECAUSE THERE HAVE ALREADY BEEN ABOUT 20. i apologise profusely- i know you are such avid readers of this section.

No comments: