20080613

aaarrrggghhhh!
the more i look at essay questions, the more they confuse me. At first, they look relatively simple...but then i bend my head in, closer and closer, until my nose nearly touches the page, and the words scramble together in an incoherent fried-egg splatter.

Already, when i had peevishly closed my windows file and started the dial-up, i was thinking, ok, i'm going to work so hard on this damn lit essay. But then i realised i had experienced the exact same thought a couple of days ago...and i hadn't even touched it til tonight. Good grief, i can't trust myself. I've still got two weeks to do it, and I'm so scared of my own indolency i can't help internally screaming 'I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME!!"

Mum: come on Kate. Its Friday night, nine forty-five.
Kate says nothing
Mum: you've got to have some fun.
Kate says nothing
Mum *huffily*: good night.

Mum thinks everyone goes to bed at 10. She's been exceptionally peeved cause i've been going to bed a little late for the past week. Every time i tell her everyone else goes to bed late, she's like "i don't CARE what everyone else does. If they're idiotic to sleep so late, that's their problem." Geez, does she think that i like staring into this computer screen for hours on end? For god's sake, i'd be staring into a different screen right now if i had the choice. But i dont'. That's all there is to it. Well, i do have a choice...
a) get my homework done and become a somebody
b) cast off the onus and party...and end up as a Kenny. (sorry kenny. i don't want to be you)

I've really gotta go and get myself a life. Please kate, for once, can we talk about something different than schoolwork? why not give it a try? sometime...

No comments: