20080611

the manifestation of procrastination

A couple of hours ago, i was incredibly grumpy for no particular reason. I asked mum irratibly when dinner was going to be ready, then huffily went off to brood in front of the computer. When she called out that she was serving up, i was suddenly disinclined to present myself at the table, and thus took my time coming over, pretending to be absorbed in my work. I bent over my noodles, slurping menacingly, and making no conversation. My parents asked me how day had been, and i snapped back "terrible!".
Mum: That's not true
Kate: how would you know?
Mum: because it can't be that bad.
Dad: what's the matter Kate?
Kate: nothing.
Mum: someone's in a bad mood.
they tried to talk to me further, and so i replied, pleading
Kate: look, i'm just in a bad mood, ok, so please don't talk to me, because right now i can only offend you. By not saying anything, i am saving you from my own acerbity. I know i'm ridiculous.
Mum looked at dad and shook her head. Hormones, she said knowingly, which pissed me off even more. though she was probably right. but that doesn't mean i have to like it.
Some time later, mum remarked in a kind of half-whisper to dad
Mum: "we have a mute table"
Dad: "what?"
Mum: "I said, we have a mute table"
Kate: "just because i'm mute doesn't mean i'm deaf"

haha! i just thought of the perfect reply. I should have punned.
"just because i'm mute, doesn't mean i'm dumb"
because mute and dumb mean the same thing! Except dumb also means stupid! haha! brilliant!...too late though. isn't that always the case?

OMG. You would have exchanged a mutually rewarding look with me had you been in my lit class today. Do you recall how i told you that my teacher was a heavy dramatist? That he used to be an actor? Well, we were discussing a character in Hamlet, called Osric (played, incidently by Robin Williams in teh Kenneth Brannagh version)- a highly effeminate gentleman, who feels it necessary to embellish every sentence. WELL, Mr Park remarked that he had once played a character much like him. In a second, he launched into this caste, and began prancing about the room, babbling and twirling about his fingers. GOOD GOD I SHALL NEVER FORGET THOSE FEW SECONDS. He looked decidedly gay (which was, of course, his intention, but i have never seen a gay in action before). HAHAHAH!!!! it as hilarious! The class was stunned! hmmmmmmmmm. i wo-...no i don't. or do i?

Since my 'quotes of the dry' are running dry, i have decided to change it to 'words of the day'. I'll add a quote in here and there though, not to fear. Hopefully, this new approach will expand my vocabulary. What wishful thinking.
righto

WORDS OF THE DAY:

Maverick = unorthodox, independent minded person
[aha! there's a movie with that title!]

Meretricious = showily, but falsely attractive
[like gatsby's 1920's American world...glamorous and vulgar]

Splenetic = bad-tempered, peevish
[like me this evening]

No comments: