20080603

They're Back

Damn school. Today was almost as bad as the exams, in some respects. I didn't expect that they'd mark the papers so soon- i thought i had at least two weeks to cling onto some illusionary and whispy hope that i may have not done as terribly as i thought i had. But no- the numbers fell like fire today. Don't want to talk about it. Hah, when i got back from school, mum asked without looking up from her crosswords- "Do you know when you're getting you're results back?"
I thought for a moment.
"No."

I had to take the bus to and from school today. It was the first time- baby steps, baby steps. Hah- i don't want to make a habit of it, that's for sure- it was just that mum's car had bust some engine part. It was so crowded in the morning. There were a couple of year 11's- Bec Salotti, Vanessa, Sarah Hughes. They waited together, and rode together. I waited alone, and rode crammed in the midst of a squawk of year 8's. Yeah, i'm cool. At least people from other schools wouldn't be able to tell the difference, i'm so darn short.

My unsocial behaviour extends far- i decided to take the bus home from claremont rather than the school bus. I have to say, it was much better. I actually got a seat. I didn't have to spend the whole time pretending to be interested in a dot on the window. My i-pod lost power when i was trundling along the overpass. I kept the earplugs in, just so it looked like i was diverted. Man, i'm sad.

Buses confuse me. People confuse me. I never know if i'm supposed to look people in the eye or not. Is it rude to stare? But i seem even more rude when i just glance up quickly, then look away. I got back into old habits when i went for a walk the other day. Whenever someone came up on me, i started twisting my hands, and i honestly couldn't stop my eyes from glancing about all over the place. Why do i do that? I try to play it cool, but it is simply impossible. It's ridiculous! Hah, I can't even go for a walk without getting nervous.

I had an RE test today. Can you believe it? Straight out of exams. Cruel...and she said it was going to be next week, too. Admittedly, she sent an email to us, informing us on the rearranged date, but as if the majority of us actually check our school accounts. ah well, it wasn't so bad. I love those questions that have no real answers. You can let your opinion shine through for once. You can be individual, controversial, and mwahaha, no one can stop you.

QUOTES OF THE DAY:

"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied." -- Claud Cockburn

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." -- Mark Twain (man, this guy has wise saws coming out of his ars! I see him everywhere! he's the guy who wrote Huckleberry Finn, right?)

2 comments:

sam toh said...

How'd your RE test go? Bash God and his (possible) existence as usual? My school is non-denominational.. no more chapel! But that ultimately means I've lost valuable nap time.. hmm.. no college sundays! no hymns! But i'll admit I quite loved 'Jesus is my rock' and several other godly tunes.. anywho.. i'm off to beddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

See you soon in maybe like a month! Maybe.. fickle father.. my break is in about 20 days and is a month long so it'll coincide with your 2 week break!
cheerio!
Oh, and u should come online more often u doof

sam toh said...

okay.. it looks like I just wrote a little novel.