20071025

As We Go On

I’ve just spent the last fifteen minutes face-down on my bed- hardly aware of the hard bed frame squashing my face, or the unrelenting sun beating through the gap in the curtains, or the way my limbs felt as though they were ready to drop off. Just thinking. About all the things I could have done, all the things I should have done, all the things that could have been- if things had worked out differently.

If I had one chance to bend back time- if I could alter only one thing in my past- I’d make it that I had never left Perth. Never had to move to QLD. Never had to say goodbye.
But then I start wondering…such a twist in time might have disastrous consequences. If I had stayed, then perhaps that would have meant my mother was the driver who was in that devastating car crash. It could’ve meant that my dad couldn’t find enough work here and I would have had to leave MLC and go to a public school instead. It could’ve meant that to my friends I would be a distant and unknown figure. And they would be distant, unknown figures to me too.
Such thoughts can only go round in circles. It is pointless to devote my thoughts to such oblique and useless matters. But I still think them nonetheless.

It was the last day of school for the 07 students. As Holly, the head girl said in her speech, it was a day of “bittersweet goodbyes.” Hugs and tears and laughter, eyes that hardly dared to blink through the yearning to drink up every second…to eke out those last few precious moments.
Holly’s last address was very moving, I found. There was a great deal of white tissues and escaping sobs from the year 12 section. I know I will cry…when our time comes. Blubbering along, red rimmed. Friends, I apologise in advance.

QUOTE OF THE DAY (Vitamin C – Graduation)
“As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as I lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends forever”

1 comment:

sam toh said...

You're going to be even sadder coz I WON'T BE THERE.

I'M NEVER GOING TO BE AN MLC LEAVER.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(