20071019

poor tree(!)

The two trees in my back yard were removed today. My mum didn't tell me about it until I was heading home from school. I was so shocked...yeah I know, right, they're only trees...I swear I'm so soft. I actually thought - 'how sad...I didn't get to say goodbye.' When I walked in the front door and looked through the rectangle window opposite, I ACTUALLY EXPERIENCED A PANG OF LOSS. Jimeny Cricket. Maybe I'm emo. Yesterday, on MSN, I acted even more emo than normal, putting in SUCH A RANDOM AND SELF-HUMILIATORY COMMENT; in response to ness saying she was all alone (in a purely jocular sense), I wrote 'we were born alone and we will die alone.' What is WRONG WITH ME. Seriously...what the frickin hell is wrong with me?

I listened to a song lately, called 'bittersweet symphony' by the verve (If u haven't listened to it...u have to) and it says "cause i'm a million different people from one day to the next'- and i can relate to that. I wonder if it's because i have a malleable character, or if I try to fit in too much, or if I am just volatile...or maybe i just have multiple personality disorder. cause there is definitely an emo-kate...but there is the hedonistic kate...and there's the grinning kate...and there's the evil kate...and EVEN THE NICE KATE EMERGES FROM TIME TO TIME *gasp* note: crazy kate is present at all times.
But it's more than that, really- cause they're just aspects of my personality. I'm so different around different people that I get a little muddled when associating with different...groups.

I have to apologise because my posts of late have lost their quirky edge and have sunk into depressing topics. Readers, please ignore such sections. I'm fine, really- I'm not sad. I'm just wondering.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: ('hide and seek' - imogen heap...SUCH A GOOD SONG)
"spin me round again
and rub my eyes,this can't be happening
when busy streets a mess with people
would stop to hold their heads - heavy
hide and seek
trains and sewing machines
all those years
they were here first"

1 comment:

sam toh said...

I love bittersweet symphony and hide and seek; on repeat.

YO what happened to you? How did you get so fucking emo overnight??? THIS MUST COME TO AN END!!

DEATH IS NOT THE ANSWER!!