20071030

"You gotta do some clockwork"

I have found a new band which I hold a surprising penchant towards. Just so ya know- I realise, dearest reader, that you couldn’t really care less which bands I like…I am not so disillusioned as to think so (even though I portray that air some of the time- forgive me, please, my passion tends to explode on itself). So if you sense pending tedium in this paragraph, please skip it.
The band is called Augie March- their newest album is titled “Moo, You Bloody Choir.” Heh. It’s just about as far as Green Day as you can get. Like if Green Day was El Salvador, Augie March would be Chittagong. (don’t ask me where exactly that is…I looked at a world map and wrote it down in the hope to appear geographically sagacious. Sorry all Chittagongians.) The harmonies are fantastic- they just send me to fantastical places in my imagination that I never even knew existed.

Heather La Mont tomorrow. Woot. *Kate waggles a finger around feebly in the air* I probably will be enthusiastic tomorrow, but right now I am plagued by such an epidemic of apathy that if I was 18 and had to vote in the election between Johnny beetle-brows and that skanky Rudd, I’d be like…meh. Couldn’t care less.

Jesus. It’s almost eight n I haven’t done a single piece of homework. Aw, quite complaining Kate. I don’t think I’ll ever realise just how closed-minded I am. I mean, there’s so much to this world, and I just traipse along, blind and ignorant to it all. I don’t want to live like this forever. I want to be somebody. Everybody wants to be somebody. But the thing is- if ever the change came along, I’m not sure if I could push myself out of my safe niche and face the new and unexpected. I’m too lazy, I’m too dull, and I’m too scared. I’m not a person who wants eyes watching them. When I think of all those lives that have meandered away- on the shying away from opportunity, the bottom of the beer glass, the waiting for something that never comes…I just get this eruption of sorrow. I know it’s selfish, but I’d like to be remembered- but, when I die, I’m just another of the millions of candle-lights failing. No one will notice that the light doesn’t shine quite so bright in that moment. I don’t want others to be forgotten, either. But they will, eventually. That’s just the way it is. It’s sad, though.

If only emotion was an energy source. We could power the world.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: (Augie March- Mt Wellington Reverie)
So many souls, so many souls, so many souls in the water...

I left me a little daughter, and I left me a girl, and I left them alone, in that tired old world, O where are they now?

No comments: