20080102

Community Service Phobia

Argh!

Kate trembles.

i just got 2 calls back from community service people; involving the shop assistant position and the scrabble-player desperado. Hah! The latter thought i was in uni! She sounded a bit put off when i said i was only almost 16. pfft.

perhaps i shouldn't have applied to so many different organizations. I have a feeling i shall have to turn some down (shouldn't it be the other way round?) oh well. At least the volunteer work will force me to actually do something instead of watching one day trail after the other.

Why do i always sound so girlish and incompetant on the phone? Even as i speak, i repress a shudder to how like Dolores Umbridge I sound. Ehhhhh.

I don't know when i am to start work...they are going to ring me back. I'm scared that I'm going to muck up. At least they can't fire me or reduce my pay. HAH.

QUOTES OF THE DAY:

A sobering thought: what if, at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?--Jane Wagner

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. --Douglas Adams

A bore is a man who, when you ask him how he is, tells you.---Bert Leston Taylor

No comments: