20080107

a whole lot of blithering

On the 5 hour flight back to home sweet home from Tasmania, i discovered that the excitements of planes has evolved from watching the pool of drool accumalate in the lap of the granny in front of you. (ooh kate, so ageist). While you're probably pretty used to all those cool gadgets cause you fly Singapore airlines n stuff, Qantas is my only option, and they're usually pretty crappy. However, in this plane, there were tv's in the back of the chairs! There was an actual selection of films, so you didn't have to watch hilary duff in 'raise your voice' and other stuff which assimilates to examining decaying piles of shit.
So, i settled back and watched The Simpsons Movie [omgomgomg...GREEN DAY were in it!!! i was hyperventilating when the film started off with American Idiot!!]. It was a bit of a disappointment to be honest. You know- almost like any other episode on tv. Remind me that i have banned myself from watching that show. It's a definite bad influence.
Anyhoo, i only got to see the last segment of another movie- Superbad. I'm not sure about the rest of it was like (probably crude, and involving myriad references to their dicks) but...well the bit i viewed was....hmm. how to say this. Part of me wanted to recoil, part of me wanted to go aww, part of me wanted to laugh out loud. Part of me was touched. See, Jonah, this guy, was sleeping over at his friends house. They were camped out on his bedroom floor, and it was late at night. (isn't it strange how some things you would never say in the daytime emerge in the wee hours?) well. here's the quotes. So sweet and awkward at the same time.

Seth: "I love you. I'm not even embarrassed to say it. I Just, I lo-- I love you."
Evan: "I'm not embarrassed."
Seth: "I love you."
Evan: "I love you. It's li-- Why don't we say that every day? Why can't we say it more often?" Seth: "I just love you. I just wanna go to the rooftops and scream: 'I love my best friend, Evan.'

AHHAAA awwww...ewwww....AHAHAHAH.....awwww.....ewwwww....aww.

man, i am peeved. I got mum to listen (forced her to listen) to my fave song of the moment, Counting Crows 'recovering the satellites'. Which she did. *i observed no foottapping. Not even a single tap* When it ended, she said one thing .
"That was..interesting."
INTERESTING?
INTERESTING?
and she said it as though she was trying to make me feel better.

People- here's a piece of advice. Insult me all you want...(well. Preferably not). However, if you value your life, never, EVER, slag off Adam Duritz or Counting Crows. Cause, fuck, i just love 'em.

A couple of days ago, i made a decision. Kate will go for a jog. [yes, i know, my head nearly exploded, the thought was so foreign. At first i thought i had been inhabited by a spirit of some fitness freak who had died nearby]. So, i laced my shoes, shoved on my cap, pulled up my socks (ultra cool) and headed out the door. I wanted to run, but here's the thing...i didn't want anyone to see me running. I mean, what a sight, eh? Some 'thing' slugging down the pavement with a beetroot red face and sweat sloshing from every pore. So, i waited until i was sure there were no cars around.
Kate starts to jog. She feels the wind whipping her hair back.
"hey!" she thinks to herself. "i'm actually doing this! this don't feel too bad! I'm moving! I'm going! I am the worlds fastest person! I am invinsible! Watch out Philipa, cause i might just outdo your world record!! I AM INVINCIBLE!!"
And then i passed the 5m mark. *strangled wheeze*
"i can't do this. Who are you kidding, Kate? What were you thinking? Are you insane? Or worse...do you really think that you are *cool* enough to do this sort of thing?"
i mean, have you realised? You always see the buff, toned, muscled guys, and the lean, ultra pretty girls going for a light canter down the sidewalk. So, realising that i was in danger of attracting attention, i stopped. And walked.

Another point of my craziness- i went for a walk today, in the 40 degree heat. sooooo boiling. ah well, i figured i should get out of the house for at least half an hour. I only encountered one other person crazy enough to venture out of their houses away from their blessed airconditioners. When i saw him i immediately thought of you, Sammie. HAH! He was running without his top on, physique toned to perfection with that subtle many curve of jaw. And, yes, before you are turned off, believing that in this pretext, he is a whitey...he was asian! hehehe!! I hope i didn't insult him by smirking as he glided past.

anyhoo. i have spent enough/too much time on you dear bloggie today, so i shall say goodbye for now. *can i detect cries of protest? oh, no...right. hah. Exuberant screams of relieved joy*

another QUOTE OF THE DAY: (return of the king. This quote is so inspirational. I feel like jumping off the couch and leaping into the tv to fight saurons armies whenever i hear it)

Aragorn: "Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!"

1 comment:

sam toh said...

tag- "asian hottie"? Ohh wow. Neo Nazi improving by leaps and bounds here..

taaa