20080101

Beauty in the Blue

The night is so beautiful tonight. The sky is a subtle wash of pink melding flawlessly into blue. Embellishments of wispy cloud border the horizon. If only Hitler just looked up at the sky every once in a while; peering up at the endless expanse can make anyone feel so at peace with everything. Yes, i realise the world is diseased with greed and corruption and injustice; that people are dying as i blink in the scene; but the simple pleasure of nature seem to render all the world's past and current scars inevitable seams in time's steady lope forward.

Why do humans look up at the sky when they seek help, or an answer? Does the neverending nothing hold something no one knows? I'm not sure if it's the perception of a other-wordly presence- because i do it. Quite a bit.

I don't know why exactly, but i just have this feeling that if i was to somehow be 'delivered' into God's arms, i would be right up there with his most intensive worshippers. You know, daily praising his holy nostril and all. It may seem a strange thought to reader/s cause i'm just about the most atheistic person you are likely to come across. But, see, whenever i entertain the possibility- it just slips like eggs on a non-stick fry pan. I like to base my beliefs on facts, and a book that's a couple of centuries old doesn't really change my train-tracks.
I read this book recently, called "The Interpretation of Murder." It was based on the great psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud- possibly the deepest unbeliever. There was a section that summed up my feelings pretty nicely. Here it is.

"Every neurosis is a religion to its owner, and religion is the universal neurosis of mankind. This much is beyond doubt: the characteristics we attribute to God reflect the fears and wishes we first fell as infants and then as small children."

In saying this, please, i sincerely do not mean to offend anyone. If he is real, well i'll save God the effort and throw myself headfirst into hell. Chuch is a way you go about your belief; i'm just expressing mine. My deviant 'faith' in being unfaithful.

Sometimes, I've tried it out. Asking him for a favour. In fact, in desperate times, i do it quite a lot, though i'm uncertain if that's just classed as blasphemy. It's never really worked though- not for me. Here's something- i'll pray tonight. If my wish comes true, then I will not rule the possibility out completely. Yo! hear that God? Your chance for potential perusion has arrived! And i am hoping it will come true. God knows i am.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: (recovering the satellites [counting crows song from my xmas prezzie])

"So whyd you come home to this faithless town
Where we make a lifetime commitment
To recovering the satellites
And all anybody really wants to know is...
When are you gonna come down
She sees shooting stars and comet tails
Shes got heaven in her eyes
She says I dont need to be an angel
But Im nothing if Im not this high
But we only stay in orbit
For a moment of time
And then youre everybodys satellite
I wish that you were mine"

i think that's so sweet. 'i wish that you were mine'.

No comments: